Travis Kelce and Kayla Nicole officially ended their relationship in May 2022, culminating five years of dating. According to reports, their breakup was linked to allegations of Travis being overly frugal during their time together.
A source close to the former celebrity couple revealed that Kayla decided to end the relationship because Travis had enforced a strict 50/50 rule. It was reported that the Chiefs star insisted on splitting every expense evenly, from dinners to vacations and more.
These circumstances raised eyebrows considering Travis’s substantial earnings, which reportedly amounted to $64.7 million over his ten-year tenure with the Chiefs alone. However, Travis vehemently denied these rumors earlier in the year when he appeared on “The Pivot Podcast.”
Regardless of the reasons for their breakup, it opened the door for Travis to meet new people, including the likes of Taylor Swift. Unfortunately, some fans chose to direct negative comments towards Kayla Nicole on her Instagram posts following the split.
Her most recent post from three days ago got hit hard, and there was plenty of engagement. Check out some comments below:
- Some of you are so weird for coming in this woman’s account and acting like she’s really worried about what her ex-boyfriend is doing- and comparing her to another woman over a GUY. Both of them are strong, successful women who exist independently from who they do or don’t date. It’s 2023, and we don’t pit women against each other over a guy. Be so for real and leave both of them alone.
- She broke up with that man a year ago & y’all in her comments doing the most .. leave her alone
- Such vicious, miserable comments trying to pit one woman against the other. What does the color and shape of either of them matter? They both have their own talents- maybe not your particular taste, let people live. Grow up.
- These comments here are wild and you deserve peace. After 5 years with someone this cannot be an easy day for you. I don’t believe in pitting women against each other. I just came here to say you’ll be ok. You’ll find true love and you deserve it.
- Black is beautiful!!! Keep moving forward ??
- Reading these comments shows how many miserable people there truly are. Kayla & Taylor are both beautiful young ladies let them be.
- Yall so weird for the Taylor swift comments. I don’t really believe this beautiful Black woman gives a shit.
- Go ahead an Level UP LIKE Ciara Wilson! Can’t wait, when you know your worth people who don’t can’t bother you! We are all rooting for you girl!??
- I’ve never commented on this page before but I felt compelled to after seeing all these comparative comments between Kayla and Taylor. It really shouldn’t be who’s better than the other. Relationships are hard enough and even more so when you’re in the public eye… Possibly some of these comments- even tho I’d like to think are well intended (lots are *not*), constantly bringing up her Ex isn’t allowing her to have distance from a relationship that was clearly meaningful ?? xo
This development certainly marks the definitive end of Travis and Kayla’s relationship, as they have previously experienced a cycle of breakups and reconciliations over the course of their partnership.
There’s no doubt that Kayla Nicole will navigate this transition successfully, but it might be wise for her to temporarily disable comments on her Instagram posts to maintain a sense of privacy and peace.
Check out more of Travis’ ex below: