Officials disclosed on Thursday the official cause of the fire that occurred at Tyreek Hill’s home.
The Miami Dolphins star’s residence experienced a blazing fire on Wednesday, prompting firefighters to work tirelessly to extinguish the significant blaze.
Hill was away at Dolphins practice when the fire erupted, rushing back to be with his family. Fortunately, everyone emerged from the house unharmed.
On Thursday, officials stated that the fire’s cause was attributed to a young child playing with a lighter. A spokesperson from the Davie Fire Department in Florida confirmed to TMZ Sports that investigators believe a child inside a bedroom at Hill’s Southwest Ranches home accidentally started the blaze. While it remains unclear if the child is related to Hill, officials deemed it an accidental incident, leading to no further investigations.
“A spokesperson for the Davie Fire Department in Florida confirmed to TMZ Sports that investigators believe a youngster inside a bedroom at Hill’s Southwest Ranches home started the blaze,” TMZ Sports reported.
“It’s unclear if the child is related to Hill or how exactly it was able to ignite the flames — though according to the DFP rep, because officials formally identified it all as “accidental,” no further investigations are taking place.”
While accidents can occur, this serves as a crucial reminder of the paramount importance of fire safety. Items like lighters and candles are not toys and should not be treated as such.
Although this accident mercifully resulted in no injuries, it underscores the potential risks associated with fire-related incidents. The incident highlights the significance of having homeowners’ insurance to address unforeseen events and their potential consequences.